Welcome! This is your place to read and comment on our work and goals.
- The Teaching Council is aware that there are misleading media headlines and social media posts about language requirements (including IELTS tests) for teacher registration.
- Carl Roberts describes his first year as a Provisionally Certificated Teacher (PCT) as ‘a frenzy of adjustment’.
- Nelson College for Girls has transformed form time from an administrative dominant, under-valued paper-shuffle to a meaningful wellbeing and mentoring programme which helps the school produce good people, not just good students.
- This page has up-to-date Teaching Today podcast episodes. It's a podcast about teachers, with teachers and for teachers. All episodes are available on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts and iTunes.
- A profession-led system will bring equity and excellence into our schools
- Are you partially completed or having difficulty putting your induction and mentoring programme in place? If so, we'd like to hear from you!
- In June, the Minister for Education set up a Ministerial Advisory Group (and a reference group to support the MAG) to gather views from across the country that would help to inform the direction for work on Curriculum, Progress and Achievement no
- Record numbers of teachers have enrolled in the Education Council’s Teacher Education Refresh (TER) programme this year.
- Remember last month when we asked you if you support using the initials RT after a registered teacher’s name? We’d like to share what we heard from you.
- We pulled up a chair in the Minister of Education Chris Hipkins' office to ask him questions from the teaching profession. Teachers submitted their questions to us in the days before the interview and more were asked live on the day.