Welcome! This is your place to read and comment on our work and goals.
- On Friday we posted a poll on our Facebook page that asked the question of support for the Modern Learning Environment. The response was immense and provided the Council with insight not only on that subject.
- Lately, we’ve received a number of inquiries from ECE teachers working in home-based networks about being issued with and maintaining a practising certificate.
- You can listen to the inaugural episode of Teaching Today below or download from iTunes or Apple Podcasts - it's a podcast about teachers, with teachers and for teachers.
- Cultural competence in an education setting sets the standard for teachers and guides the behaviours and attitudes that contribute to an environment where all tamariki feel like they belong.
- Feedback from teachers has been overwhelmingly positive for the Education Council’s “easy and convenient” online service to renew full practising certificates (EC30).
- Some collective agreement terms come to an end this year. If your collective agreement has expired it will mean that you’ll need to pay the fee to be issued, or renew your practising certificate.
- The Education Council Board met this week and discussed the question of teachers’ fees, among other things.
- Recent media stories about teacher numbers and registration requirements have suggested that the Education Council application process for teacher registration involves unnecessary bureaucracy and is a box-ticking exercise which leads to lengthy
- The EC30 Online renewal process is live! Teachers in schools can now put together and submit their application for a practising certificate online.
- 2017 has been a really busy year for collaboration and consultation!