Welcome! This is your place to read and comment on our work and goals.
- We pulled up a chair in the Minister of Education Chris Hipkins' office to ask him questions from the teaching profession. Teachers submitted their questions to us in the days before the interview and more were asked live on the day.
- On Monday 2 July, we will be publishing decisions that have been made by the New Zealand Teachers Disciplinary Tribunal; some of the cases won’t make for easy reading.
- The Education Council is committed to lifting the status of the teaching profession; it’s a robust and determined path that teachers take to be recognised as a quality member of the teaching profession, with a legal right to call themselves a tea
- You can listen to the second episode of Teaching Today below or download from iTunes or Apple Podcasts - it's a podcast about teachers, with teachers and for teachers.
- NZEI Te Riu Roa and the Ministry of Education have met to resolve differences of interpretation of Clause 11 of the Terms of Settlement for the Primary Teachers’ Collective Agreement (collective agreement), which expires on 8 June 2018. They hav
- On Friday we posted a poll on our Facebook page that asked the question of support for the Modern Learning Environment. The response was immense and provided the Council with insight not only on that subject.
- Lately, we’ve received a number of inquiries from ECE teachers working in home-based networks about being issued with and maintaining a practising certificate.
- You can listen to the inaugural episode of Teaching Today below or download from iTunes or Apple Podcasts - it's a podcast about teachers, with teachers and for teachers.
- Cultural competence in an education setting sets the standard for teachers and guides the behaviours and attitudes that contribute to an environment where all tamariki feel like they belong.
- Feedback from teachers has been overwhelmingly positive for the Education Council’s “easy and convenient” online service to renew full practising certificates (EC30).