Welcome! This is your place to read and comment on our work and goals.
- The EC30 Online renewal process is live! Teachers in schools can now put together and submit their application for a practising certificate online.
- 2017 has been a really busy year for collaboration and consultation!
- We hear from a lot of teachers asking why we’ve changed our criteria for proof of identity. The answer is we haven’t!
- We love sharing your hard work and celebrating your achievements, which is why we want to tell you about The Prime Minister’s Education Excellence Awards.
- It’s attitudes that are lagging, not action.
- We’re updating the Education Council Rules that were developed last year, to make sure they’re consistent with some recent changes, including the launch of the Code of Professional Responsibility and changes to the Education Act.
- In a report on current teacher shortages in the NZ Herald (30 October 2017), the new Minister of Education, Chris Hipkins, talks about “…a package of measures before Christmas to overcome teacher shortages.”
- We’ve been interviewed by various newspapers, news sites and radio stations recently asking questions about teacher supply and Teacher Education Refresh (TER). Curiously, none of our input seems to make the final cut.
- We make the assumption that everyone knows what we mean when we say “the teaching profession”, but we haven’t really had a professional body for teachers in New Zealand before to professionalise teaching and make that concept a reality.
- The Swahili proverb “Asiye funzwa na mamae hufunzwa na ulimwengu” is recognisable, after translation, both across Africa – where there are many similar sayings – and the world.